Why your business could benefit from call tracking
What’s the benefit of adding call tracking I hear you ask? Doesn’t Google already do that for my Adwords campaign?
Well, yes… but traffic comes to your website from a variety of sources, not just an Adwords campaign. For online advertising, conversion tracking can be set up via Google so that form fills can be traced back to the advertising, but if the prospective customer calls your business phone number instead of clicking the call button on the ad?… Then the online advertising doesn’t get the credit for delivering a prospect to the business. That’s where call tracking can help!
Our call tracking system will recognise the prospect and attribute the call accordingly.
You can have multiple numbers…
- 1 tracking phone number: Adds phone calls onto conversion metrics so that the return on investment from online advertising is more accurate
- 2-5 tracking phone numbers: Provides integration with Google Ads to track conversions from individual keywords so your budget can be spent on the best performing ads
- 6-12 tracking phone numbers: Adds tracking for multiple salespeople / multiple branches / multiple advertising sources
This is how call tracking works in 5 easy steps:
- We assign unique New Zealand phone numbers to your client on your behalf
- We login to your website and wrap special code around the phone numbers displayed (most commonly in the header, footer and on the contact page)
- We wait for a website visitor
- If the code detects that the website visitor originated from a click on a Google Ad, while the page is loading, the phone number is seamlessly switched out to one of the call tracking phone numbers instead (magic)
- The phone call is counted as a conversion and credited to the online advertising campaign to help with return-on-investment calculations
Want greater clarity on how your digital campaigns are performing? Give us a call now to set up call tracking.