In 2018, Auckland property developer Ben Turner hatched a plan to turn a 400-acre working dairy farm in Pukehina into an eco village and nature reserve, called Matuku Moana. It was a big, audacious idea – the first of its kind in New Zealand, and possibly even Australasia.
Fuel Agency was tasked with building public awareness of the project, and rallying submissions in favour of the development.
Like all ahead-of-their-time ideas, Matuku Moana had an education job to do. We needed to let the public – particularly the Western Bay of Plenty – know exactly what an eco village is, and the positive effect it would have on the community.
On a nuts and bolts level, the goal was to gain double the average number of 44 submissions, rallying tangible support and excitement for the development.
We designed and built the Matuku Moana brand from scratch. We created a beautiful landing page, where all the information needed was clearly laid out – and submissions could be quickly made through a simple digital form.
The site was populated with 15-30 second videos, making the sometimes-complex information easy and fun to take in.
We took care of every piece of collateral, from beginning to end – including 3D renders of the housing and community designs, direct mail flyers, press and digital ads, copywriting, branded email comms, and an integrated PR and comms strategy.
- We smashed the client’s goal of 88 submissions, gaining a massive 222 through the website’s simple digital form – and a staggering 95% of those submissions were positive or neutral.
- Our PR plan gained positive exposure across a wide range of media, including national and regional print, TV, and radio.
- 2,208 people visited the site during the submissions period of 14 October – 16 November 2018.
- 994 users came to the website directly, representing 155 of the form completions.
- Our overall conversion rate for submissions was 7.3% – blowing industry standards of 0.89-2.7% out of the water.
- In total, we served up 319,146 programmatic ads and 7,015 AdWords. Gained clicks of 339 programmatic ads and 290 AdWords. Plus, racked up 411 YouTube views and 7,476 programmatic ad views.
This project’s capabilities
Brand Identity, Branding, Branding & Identity, Icon Design, Logo Design, Online Branding, Print Design, Rebranding, Stationary Design, Visual Design, Visual Identity, Web Design.